What is IMTA?
In order to fulfill its mission, the Mexican Institute of Water Technology will carry out the following functions:
- Develop, guide, foment, and promote research and development, technology adaptation and transfer, and qualified human resources training programs and activities that will contribute to the sustainable and integrated utilization and management of water.
- Develop specialized research, education, and training projects of interest to other institutions, which are to be carried out under specific agreements and contracts.
- Offer technology development, adaptation and transfer services, as well as specialized training and consulting, and scientific and technological information divulgation.
- Give, according to article 18 of the General Education Law, graduate studies in the areas related to the objectives of the Mexican Institute of Water Technology in coordination with the Ministry of Public Education; develop and apply the corresponding curricula, and issue certificates and grant academic diplomas, titles, and degrees.
- Offer specialized laboratory services, technical consulting, and other services related to standards, design, information, quality assurance, and assimilation of technology to private and social sectors within the country, as well as to foreign and international institutions and organization in the rareas related to the management, conservation, rehabilitation and treatment of water an associated resources.
- Promote a water education and culture that will create awareness in the society that water is a scarce resource which requires a careful management in terms of both quantity and quality, as well as of its sustainable exploitation and the mitigation of its destructive effects.
- Contribute to the development, diffusion and implementation of those water technologies that are better suited for our country.
- Carry out the technological developments demanded by the productive sector or those considered necessary by the Federal Public Administration.
- Participate in the development of draft projects of Mexican official standards and to develop Mexican standards related to water.
- Offer support to the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources for the implementation, according to the Federal Law on Metrology and Standardization, of regulation mechanisms for the quality standards compliance assessment and for the certification of quality standards of systems, material, equipment and machinery associated to the water use, exploitation, and treatment.
- Promote and transfer the technologies developed, as well as the results of research projects carried out by the Institute.
- Establish academic and technological interchange relationships with Mexican, foreign or international institutions and organizations.
- Grant scholarships to pursue studies at the Mexican Institute of Water Technology, as well as in other national or international water-related institutions.
- Propose orientations for national policies on hydraulics, contribute to the strengthening of the institutional capacity of the water sector in Mexico, and assist in the solution to hydraulic problems faced in the country.
- Perform all kinds of acts and to enter into all kinds of contracts and agreements as might be necessary in order to achieve its objective, as well as others foreseen herein and in other legal ordinances.
Última actualización el Jueves, 18 de Noviembre de 2010 06:16